Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Chapter 3: Trippple Convergence (I know it's spelt wrong I was going for the "tripple effect"...

This chapter was kind of borrring to me, so bare with me in this blog. It basically goes over how the ten forces come together. Just after I was done letting all the ten forces sink in during the previous chapter, there was more sinking in that needed to be done…

Force one deals with how all the flatteners came together in globalization 3.0. And it talks about collaboration. One thing that was kind of interesting is that he described the Southwest process if you fly with them. We always talk about it as a reference in class of how awesome it is, but I didn’t really knew what happened in the process. While it does demonstrate in a genius way of tapping into an untapped market, I don’t think I would ever fly with Southwest because I don’t want to have to fight for a seat.

Convergence two was a little harder for me to grasp. I think it referred to something about consultants and using IT effectively to make a set of business skills to enhance the flattener’s potential. Yea, that comment didn’t really even make sense to me. I don’t think he did a very good job in stating what this flattener was.

Convergence three, like Alex and Nick, I believe is a little far-fetched. He makes it all “scary” that 3 billion people are competing in the playing field. Yea, well not for our jobs. Not everyone has access to the internet, and many people live in poverty that do not have the same opportunities as the “zippies” in India as he calls them. So all these “3 billion” some will be competing with our jobs that may be outsourced, but others will be performing manual labor for large countries, if that.

Overall, I think this chapter should have been shorter because I felt like he was just trying to add pages...

No comments: